Jeff Kennedy —
Jeff Kennedy spent more than 18 years with Mobil Oil. An inspirational leader, visionary strategist, and fearless catalyst of change, Jeff sees the end game that others don’t. He then develops and executes game-changing strategies to get results fast, drive competitive advantage, and ignite the organization.
Beginning as a process engineer in Mobil’s Beaumont, TX refinery, Jeff worked through a series of progressively more responsible positions in line and headquarters functions including U.S. Division Strategic Planning, West Coast Crude & Product Supply & Logistics, West Coast Integrated SBU (Strategic Business Unit), Mobil Chemical Plastics, and Reengineering of Mobil’s worldwide staff functions.
Jeff has a strong track record of taking a variety of businesses – from high tech startups to mature $1.5B companies – in different situations to the next level. He possesses a unique blend of major league and entrepreneurial experience with superb business, people, and organizational acumen. Jeff’s also displays a keen sense of market needs, the ability to increase competitive advantage, and an eye for enhancing the bottom-line. He has extensive experience in strategy development and execution, best practices and operational excellence, process reengineering, organizational effectiveness, leading change, and getting results.
Some notable accomplishments:
- Developed market leading and proprietary tactical solutions with global appeal for defense tech startup
- Created Mobil’s first U.S. SBU ($1.5B top-line) in U.S. for major integrated oil; increased income by 30% in two years
- Turnaround of Mobil Chemical’s $1.5B plastics products company
- Major reengineering of worldwide staff functions that reduced expenses by $1 billion
- Turnaround of Mobil’s $1.5B Paulsboro, NJ refining affiliate
- Turnaround of $150 million EPC for refining affiliate
- Repositioning strategy for Mobil’s U.S. downstream through investment, divestment, and acquisition
- Founded early “virtual” consulting practice to deliver strategy and execution solutions